Bonnaroo 2012 Red Hot Chili Peppers Headliners

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Funky Monks102
Funky Monk
Funky Monk

Related Article
http://stadium-arcadium.com/14-02-2012/red-hot-chili-peppers-bonnaroo-festival-2012-june-tennessee-manchester/red-hot-chili-peppers-news/article16486

Last edited by Funky Monks102 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:55 pm 
alehi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

josh definitely said they'd be playing it last june on bob's show. good job keeping your word, chili peppers. Guitar Guitar Guitar

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm 
.Fuse
Newbie - Level 3
Newbie - Level 3

Pretty sure this poster is, along with many others, is fake. But RHCP have been confirmed as a headliner for quite a while by a inside source (along with Radiohead and Phish).

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:09 pm 
ImNoJesusChrist
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

oh my gosh.. How am I gonna go to all of these..

This is just unfair

"I don't know if you've seen Flea go about his business lately, but he can't be more than 13 or 14." - Anthony Kiedis

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:07 am 
Funky Monks102
Funky Monk
Funky Monk

RHCP have been confirmed as well as the majority of the bands on the poster in the original post.

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:57 pm 
Mitchel122
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

Holy fucking shit. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit.

Those are some great names.

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
goodbadugly16
Funky Monk
Funky Monk

isn't Bonnaroo in the middle of nowhere Tennessee? it's like Woodstock but with a greater hick to hippie ratio. if you go on a road trip with some friends it sounds like one amazing weekend.

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:39 pm 
alehi
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

gambino's playing too. so is that one band radiohead, they're pretty good. this lineup is fucking sick.

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:40 pm 
SeanMaster150
Funky Monk
Funky Monk

quote:
Originally posted by goodbadugly16:
isn't Bonnaroo in the middle of nowhere Tennessee? it's like Woodstock but with a greater hick to hippie ratio. if you go on a road trip with some friends it sounds like one amazing weekend.

That sounds a little stereotypical...

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:59 pm 
Alex96
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

Great lineup, Radiohead and Skrillex!

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:02 pm 
goodbadugly16
Funky Monk
Funky Monk

quote:
Originally posted by SeanMaster150:
quote:

it was because i wasn't trying to be taken seriously Whistle

i'd love to see a RHCP/RH jam session happen. the sounds that could be created there....

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:11 pm 
Kenticus69
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SeanMaster150:
quote:

it was because i wasn't trying to be taken seriously Whistle

i'd love to see a RHCP/RH jam session happen. the sounds that could be created there....

i'd be shocked and amazed if Flea, Thom Yorke, and Mauro did NOT do something somewhere during Bonnaroo weekend. Interested to see if the peppers have an exceptionally jam-filled show on that night given that it is Bonnaroo. Here's to hoping they get to jump out with the beach boys and rock out to I get around like this:

Jump to Youtube Download VideophpBB Plugin

Trick question, Ditka is God...

Grant Park, Chicago Lollapalooza- August 6, 2006
Allsate Arena, Chicago- February 27, 2007
Grant Park, Chicago Lollapalooza- August 4, 2012

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:22 pm 
ImNoJesusChrist
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

quote:
Originally posted by Mitchel122:
Holy fucking shit. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit.

Those are some great names.

I know

"I don't know if you've seen Flea go about his business lately, but he can't be more than 13 or 14." - Anthony Kiedis

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:55 pm 
awakened
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

RHCP and Radiohead.
Well, remember me kids because I'm dying right n

quote:
Originally posted by dveri:
Only time can show you through an invisible door in the bottom of the oceaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

quote:
Originally posted by Capella:

I think the only ones who still buy albums are the ones that get all excited going to the store and seeing it there, shining and screaming their name saying HERE I AM FUCKER BUY ME NOW AND TAKE ME HOME WELL TAKE ME HOOOME

One by one I'll knock you out.

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:57 pm 
Mitchel122
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

I NEEEEEEED Josh to meet Thom and make another side project band just with the 2 of them. Or no, I want Josh and Ed to form a side project, I've never really heard Ed make something on his own and on combination with Josh will just be Thumbs up

PS: I don't know if Josh and Thom have ever met but if they haven't I think it is a pretty big deal too Josh as he is quite a fan I believe.

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
ImNoJesusChrist
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

quote:
Originally posted by Mitchel122:
I NEEEEEEED Josh to meet Thom and make another side project band just with the 2 of them. Or no, I want Josh and Ed to form a side project, I've never really heard Ed make something on his own and on combination with Josh will just be Thumbs up

PS: I don't know if Josh and Thom have ever met but if they haven't I think it is a pretty big deal too Josh as he is quite a fan I believe.

Omfg yes

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:00 am 
bambuxitah

OMG OMG OMG!

I have to quit my job and go.. Skeleton Boy Skeleton Boy Skeleton Boy Skeleton Boy

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 am 
Cleanface
Loyal & Valued Member
Loyal & Valued Member

Yep.

Well, I went to the first three Bonnaroo's 2002-2004 and it looks like I will be going back.

RHCP, PHiSH, and Radiohead are three of my Top 5 all-time favorite bands and I can't imagine another time in the history of this planet that all three will be at the same festy, so there is no way I can miss this.

Not sure if I can survive the B'Roo tent experience tho so I'm pretty sure myself and three friends are going to be chipping in on an RV. The only way to fly.

This will be EPIC to say the least. Also have two other friends that are going to Hangout and want me to join. Not RHCP fans but Dave Matthews and others fans. Guess we'll see if I can get Mrs. CF to agree to both, if not, B'Roo is def #1.

FYI - the BRoo pre-sale tix sold-out long with tier 2, and 3 and 4 sold-out last wknd as well. Additional Tier 4 goes on sale this wknd - $244.

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:56 am 
RedHotJSC_87
Warlock
Warlock

I'm torn between Bonnaroo and Hangout.

do you have to camp at Bonnaroo or are there hotels nearby??

I've got a friend who has a condo by the Hangout festival, so I'm sort of leaning towards that one, plus it's on the beach.

but then again we're talking about Chili Peppers AND Radiohead in the same weekend...that just begs ultimate orgasm!!

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:05 am 
Cleanface
Loyal & Valued Member
Loyal & Valued Member

Yes there are hotels but I'd say 99% of people either camp or RV it.

I've never looked in the hotels tho so I'm not sure what exactly is around.

Personally, I'd rather be on the B'Roo site instead of having to mess with getting a ride from the hotel, and going back and forth. I pretty much only sleep and eat at the camp-site spending the rest of the time seeing shows til 3-4am, and am pretty stumbly by that point so I'd rather just walk and crash.

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:57 pm 
vanderson13
Newbie - Level 2
Newbie - Level 2

LMAO PMSL Headbang Pinky The Elephant Mr Sunshine Mr Sunshine Mr Sunshine Mr Sunshine Mr Sunshine Mr Sunshine Mr Sunshine Whistle Baseball LMAO PMSL Headbang Headbang

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BONNAROO THIS YEAR. Red Hot Chili Peppers at the farm is going to be legendary. They are playing a lot of festivals this year and i am so happy they chose to play bonnaroo too.

Bonnaroo is my favorite weekend of the year, the best of times and the worst of times. I would choose to go to Bonnaroo over any other festival in the US i have been the past 2 years. If you were trying to choose between hangout and bonnaroo just think of phish, rhcp, radiohead, and the beach boys all in one place away from sand that will get everywhere.

see yall at the farm!

http://kyoo.com/red-hot-chili-peppers
http://kyoo.com/music-festivals

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:23 pm 
ImNoJesusChrist
First Born Unicorn
First Born Unicorn

I know a thousand fucking people going, I'm sick of being left in the dust every goddamn year

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:20 am 

Jump to:

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: